Skuldtech has developed a high level of expertise in animal studies and can provide biomarkers and diagnostics leading to animal healthcare management within the challenge of breeding in Quality, Safety, Secure conditions, and Traceability.
In any species of animal, even with no prior knowledge of particular genomes, Skuldtech can provide its sponsors with biomarkers for diagnosis and leading edge diagnostics in different fields of application.
Using biomarkers or diagnostics developed by Skuldtech, breeders are able to detect early infections, to select animal line resistant to diseases, but also individuals through sex identification tests when breeding conditions need, in aquaculture for instance.
The products developed by Skuldtech are able to :
- increase the production in a biological balance,
- manage and monitor diseases and therapies,
- respect animal welfare,
- reach marketing optimal competitive conditions.
As partner, Skuldtech is involved or has been recently involved in different research programs. Some of them have been described in the following case studies:
Hence, Skuldtech has a great expertise in collaboration covering a broad range of different partners and fields of application in veterinary areas :
- Bologna University and several European partners in the POC4PETS program in order to develop "Point of Care Diagnostics for rapid detection of companion animal's pathogens" ,,
- Ifremer Tahiti and the French Polynesian government in order to improve the peal quality in French Polynesian pearl oyster breeders (POLYPERL project granted by French ANR) ,,
- IRD (Institut de Recherche pour le Développement - Montpellier, France) to develop a new diagnosis kit enabling early fish (Arowana) sex identification ,
- French company Virbac and IRD to develop a new vaccine against canine leishmania and to identify vaccine efficiency biomarkers, which could be linked to an immune positive response of the animal (VAXILEISH project granted by French FUI financing)
- Ifremer Palavas Laboratory (France) to develop a new detection nodavirus diagnosis kit (this diagnostic is now available)
- Ifremer Montpellier Laboratory (France) project to identify natural genes of resistance in order to develop sustainable shrimp genitor lines, which would be able to resist to pathogens epidemic plague avoiding the use of additional chemical treatment such as antibiotic or other chemicals ,
- CIRAD (Centre de coopération Internationale en Recherche Agronomique pour le Développement, France) in order to identify Trypanosomia Bovis biomarkers and breed resistant animals ,
- Laboratoire des Courses Hippiques (LCH, France) in order to identify EPO drug abuse biomarkers in aim of preventing doping in the horse-racing industry ,
Skuldtech has recently collaborated with Dr Didier Serteyn (Bioptis) to discover biomarkers associated with the development of orthopaedic Osteochondrosis (OC) disease. This disease can affect growing horses, their ability to perform and severely compromise their athletic careers. After Digital Gene Expression analyses and qRT-PCR validations on individuals, OC markers specific to fetlock, tibiotarsal, and femoro-patellar joints have been identified. These markers will be soon patented.
Moreover, Skuldtech has also developed an expertise providing diagnostics allowing the detection of specific DNA/RNA sequences or specific pathogens or sex identification in specific species. This expertise can be adapted to any pathogen or to any emergent epizooty. Such approach has been validated for the detection of Nodavirus (available), the detection of WSSV and IHHNV viruses (available), the sex identification for Arowana fishes (Arapaima gigas, available in 2012)…
If you require more information concerning these products or these partnerships or for setting-up a new collaboration, please contact the Business Development Department of Skuldtech (T: +33(0)467 419 748, Email: email@example.com).
Skuldtech is specialized in the discovery of
new Biomarkers and the development of Diagnostics
focused on personalized medicine applications.
This expertise enables the company to provide genomic, pharmacogenomic and transcriptomic services, as well as innovative diagnostics
associated with new treatments, especially in
cancer, neurodegenerative and infectious diseases.