Skuldtech is involved in several national and international research programs focused on the identification of biomarkers, the development of diagnostics and innovative therapeutics.
Skuldtech is involved or has recently been involved in different research programs, including several projects granted by the European Commission (FP6), Oseo, FUI, ANR, etc.
- APAS-IPK : Development of companion diagnostics associated to a new treatment from AB Science (Euronext); the project (in phase III trials) concerns cancer .
- NP03-HD : Development of companion diagnostics associated to a new treatment from Medesis Pharma; the project (in phase II trials) concerns a rare and genetic disease.
- CONCO: “Applied venomics of the cone snail species Conus consors for an accelerated, cheaper, safer and more ethical production of innovative biomedical drugs” (http://www.conco.eu)
- SRINS (ended): Sodium Retention in Nephrotic Syndrome”.
- SYSCO (ended): “Systematic functional analysis of intracellular parasitism as a model of genomes conflict - Example of Leishmania” (http://www.syscoproject.eu)
- USDEP (ended): “Capture and enrichment of emerging pathogens for multiple and ultra-sensitive diagnostics”.
Skuldtech has also been involved in two important clinical studies, which have permitted to discover new blood biomarkers.
In the field of “personalized medicine,” Skuldtech participates in a clinical research program led by the Nimes Hospital to identify patients with Chronic MyeloMonocytic Leukemia (CMML) and high prognostic factors of survival. This project has recently permitted the company to patent several biomarkers associated with a Median Time Survival (MTS) of 83 months (almost 4 years).
The future diagnostic based on these survival biomarkers is currently in clinical validation.
In the study of drug effects, Skuldtech has collaborated with Pr. Michel Audran (Montpellier University, France) to identify and validate biomarkers involved in EPO drug abuse. This program has been granted by several anti-doping agencies: United State Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and French Anti-Doping Agency (AFLD).
About 40 biomarkers have been identified. They are currently being validated in clinical trials.
Skuldtech's pathological and biological research actions, expertise and know-how have been described in several scientific publications: Genomics, Nucleic Acid Research, Oncogene, etc.
If you require more information concerning these projects or for setting-up a new partnership, please contact the business development department of Skuldtech
(T: +33(0)467 419 748, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Skuldtech is specialized in the discovery of
new Biomarkers and the development of Diagnostics
focused on personalized medicine applications.
This expertise enables the company to provide genomic, pharmacogenomic and transcriptomic services, as well as innovative diagnostics
associated with new treatments, especially in
cancer, neurodegenerative and infectious diseases.